Clear Communication for ESL: Avoiding misunderstandings
It is vitally important for the non-native English speakers in our workplace to have their message heard. That involves more than just learning the vocabulary, but also how to pronounce the words clearly, and what to stress in each word and sentence. People with English as a second language (ESL) also need to understand what their audience is listening for, and what they can do themselves to be easier to understand.
Communicating clearly when English isnít your first language
- Why are people still hard to understand, even when they know the vocabulary?
- How does listening well help you speak well?
- What are the practical things that can be done to make rapid improvements in being understandable?
- How do you speak to the American Ďearí?
- Do your ESL speakers understand American business culture?